Harness volunteers within your congregation to carry out Caregiving Ministries
Here are some tips for finding Volunteers:
1. Create a flyer or brochure detailing what you need volunteers to do and when you need them. Be as specific as possible and include any incentives for volunteering like free food, T-shirts or media coverage.
2. Build a list of every civic organization, religious institution and school in your community and find out who is in charge of group activities. Try to build as many contact names as possible.
3. Speak to each contact person directly. Tell them briefly about your program or project and ask if you can send them some information to read at their discretion.
4. Follow up with a phone call to each person you sent literature to. Talk with them more about the project and ask if they could help in any way.
5. Keep a running roster of volunteers. If someone has volunteered once and had a good experience, they are likely to help out again. Talk to these people when you are in need.
“National Volunteer Week.“ Richmond Times Dispatch Advertising Supplement. 4-28-08.
SeniorNavigator E-QuickTip. April 21, 2008.